He leads me beside still waters
Free Site Counters

Friday 1 April 2011

Lent---24

Happy New Year to all my accountancy colleagues and friends. Now the fun starts at work closing down 2010-11 accounts.

Being April Fools Day, I successfully executed two tricks at work - one the simple of of pointing out to someone wearing slip-on shoes that their lacesa re undone and another being somewhat more technical in nature.

By boss is responsible for treasury management and ensuring that our bank account does not go overdrawn--particularly on 31st March as, what ever the balance is on this date, will be stated in our published accounts. She was so careful yesterday.

Well today I altered the bank summary papers to show we were overdrawn.

After a few minutes of her puzzling over the situation, chatting to a colleague and being totally mystified, especially as she checked the bank balnce last evening from home, I confessed to the April Fool.

She called me a b**&""d, swung her arm at me and saw the funny side of it :)

The phrase "hook, line and sinker" comes to mind.